At first, we started by drawing little design ideas. Although this was just the start of the project, already it started taking shape and I started gaining ideas and inspiration as to what I wanted to do. I was inspired by my large colored Zentangle square, as the lines and shapes I chose seemed to show movement, and the large triangular shape in the far left corner made me think of the outer rim of a phonograph, which is where my inspiration really took off.
After I decided what I wanted my inspiration to be, I googled images to try to find one that was close to what I wanted my finished image to look like. After I found one, (the above image) I projected the picture and outlined the phonograph on my own paper. Eventually, I had enough shapes and color that my finished phonograph was complete. Although it was a little too "zany" for my taste, it was extremely tangly, which fit the bill for the assignment. Although, at first, I was skeptical as to how the project would play out, in the end I was able to gain appreciation for intricate designs and shapes. As well as learning and expanding my knowledge of lines, I used colored pencil for my final drawing and I was able to experiment with different techniques and styles of shading and using the pencils in different ways. Overall, I enjoyed this project.
(the finished project)